WE ARE AVAILABLE to meet clients and prospective clients by telephone and video conferencing, using either Zoom or Facetime. We are also available in person, whatever works best for you! We will continue to assist you in any way we can. Please do not hesitate to call our office and let us know how we can help.

Fort Myers Family Law Attorneys
Contact Us
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law Overview
  4.  » Post-Judgment Family Law Matters
In This Section

Helping Fort Myers With Post-Divorce Decree Modifications

Protecting Your Interests After The Divorce Decree

Once a divorce is finalized, there are only three things which can be modified: child support, spousal support and parenting plans. If changes in your life or the life of your ex have created the need for modification, or you need help enforcing existing orders, you need the help of a seasoned family law attorney.

At Thompson Family Law, P.A. in Fort Myers, Florida, we have extensive experience guiding parents through the post judgment period. If you choose us to represent you, we will be very hands-on, making sure you understand all your options so you can make informed choices about your case.

To arrange a meeting with one of our experienced family law attorneys, call 239-243-9297 or toll free at 888-550-6071.

Post Judgment Modification

Life is unpredictable, and everything is subject to change. Because the courts have an interest in making sure that children and spouses are taken care of after a divorce, agreements pertaining to child support, spousal support and parenting plans are subject to modification.

Post Judgment Enforcement & Contempt

Any part of a judgment can be enforced, including the parenting plan, child support, alimony and property division. For instance, if your ex is not paying child support, we could seek enforcement in the form of wage garnishments.

Likewise, if your ex accuses you of failing to uphold your end of the bargain, or you are unable to make payments, we can defend you against contempt charges.

Contact A Lawyer Today

To learn more about how we can help you in matters of modification, enforcement and contempt, we encourage you to contact us.